July 8, 2019
As you can tell by the noise and the dust, our refurbishment has well and truly commenced. Thanks to all our patrons for their understanding during this time. There is some inconvenience but the end result will be well worth it!
Our new lounge on the first floor turned out even better than expected. This move has allowed us to continue trading almost as normal. A thank you to patrons for adjusting to the change and an especially big thanks to our staff who handled the transition so well. If you haven’t seen our new lounge on Level 1 please come and check it out (pictured). With natural light, more space between tables and a self-service Keno terminal, we have received many comments this is a big improvement on the old lounge.
As you can see from the pictures, the demolition team wasted no time getting stuck into their work on the ground floor. During demolition, the architects and interior designers have been completing work on the design and finishes for the new toilets. Located behind the existing lift shaft, these facilities are a central location on the ground floor to be in easy reach for both gaming and café patrons. Plans are also being finalized for the gaming floor layout with assistance from a consultant to ensure traffic flow and comfort is maintained throughout. With the feedback from patrons we have also finalized the choice of gaming machine stools and bases. The new gaming floor will have 57 outdoor machines, a large increase on our current 12.
The one question we keep getting asked is how long? Well now we have some answers for you. Providing work stays to schedule, here are some of the milestone dates to look forward to:
- JULY – Work commences on front entry and foyer. The front door will continue to be used for entry, with a temporary entry door and reception desk installed.
- AUGUST – New ground floor toilets open.
- SEPTEMBER – New gaming floor open, followed by work commencing on new ground floor café and lounge.
- OCTOBER – New entry and foyer complete including veterans memorial.
- JANUARY – New façade complete and new lift commissioned.
- FEBRUARY – New ground floor café and lounge complete.
The noise and dust will continue for some time but the end result will be providing patrons with a much improved and contemporary Club. We hope you are as excited as us to see how our works progress!